It takes a lot of hard work to prepare for NEXT / FMG/ MCI screening exams but along with hard work knowing some tips and tricks can only benefit your preparations.
Remember cracking an exam is not about hard work but doing your best in the examination hall. We bring you some outline for the MCI exam with some tips and tricks to help you prepare to succeed.
SOME FACTS ABOUT FMG Examination/ MCI screening test and its future?
Earlier students had to clear the exam in 3 attempts but now this rule has been exempted and they can appear as many times as they want in the examination.
For appearing in the exam-
- MCI Eligibility Certificate is required for the FMGE Registration. Without the certificate, the students are not allowed to give the exam.
- The minimum eligibility criteria to pass the examination are 50% marks. (50% marks are considered qualified)
- No negative marking is there, which is a plus factor for the students appearing in the exam.
- Once Qualified their exam students are required to do 1 year of internship from any medical college of India to fulfill the eligibility criteria of NBE.
SYLLABUS OF MCI SCREENING TEST:
The syllabus of the FMGE / MCI Exam is as per the MBBS course which students have already studied. It includes all 19 subjects – clinical, paraclinical, pre-medical subjects.
IS FMGE/ MCI TOUGHER THAN NEET?
According to the survey conducted and reviews gathered from the students all over India, it is very clear that FMGE is twice as much tougher than the NEET exam as only 10% of the total students appearing for the exam can qualify for the FMGE as compared to the NEET exam. The only saving grace is absence of negative marking. This is main reason now NEXT would be coming.
IS FMG GOING TO BE REPLACED BY NEXT
Introduced by The National Medical Commission Bill 2019, NATIONAL EXIT TEST (NEXT) will also serve the purpose of screening test for the foreign graduate students as FMGE and will permit the students to the admission into PG Medical Courses.
WHAT IF FMGE IS NOT CLEARED?
- NBE conducts FMGE twice a year for aspiring foreign graduated students and without passing the MCI Screening Test / FMGE, the students can’t be registered with the MCI of India. Clear to say your foreign MBBS degree will be just a piece of paper.
- There are no government jobs or private jobs for Non-MCI doctors for practicing, who have not been registered with MCI.
HOW TO CLEAR MCI EXAM IN the FIRST ATTEMPT?
- MASTER THE SYLLABUS– “Being selective” is the first mistake student s do. All 19 subjects must be covered by the heart of each aspiring student.
- STUDY NOTES – Good study notes serves as reference guide for aspiring students. They are highly recommended, instead of wasting time on making notes, students must go through the FMGE SOLUTIONS BOOK by Dr. Deepak Marwah
- ACCESS YOUR WEAKNESS –
- You must be capable of accessing your weaker areas for a particular subject or topic. You must download the FMGE SOLUTIONS APP.
- You can join quiz sessions taken by Dr. Deepak Marwah daily and even can resolve their queries by asking sir directly in the live sessions.
- ADHERE TO TIME TABLE –
- Students must be consistent with their revision and do everything according to the time selected by them.
- ATTEMPT MAXIMUM QUESTIONS –
- . Attempting more questions increases the chance of getting correct questions and students can qualify for the exam by doing so.
TAKE HOME MESSAGES
- Join an online app from first year to be aware of all the advancements in medical field.
- Try to read printed high-quality notes for daily 2 hours extra over the college classes right from the first year.
- The day from you have read your notes, follow the pattern and make a small diary for the same.
- Highlight all important points and previously asked questions
- Do give at least rapid revision test series in a week and review it. While reviewing it write the important points in another notebook and do read it before u give your next GT
- Before 2 months of the exam start doing MCQs like u are mad about it and revision should be continued as per the diary.
- Last 1 month do all previous year questions of FMGE and NEET PG that’s given separately in PREPLADDER. (Many previous years NEET PG Questions will be potential FMGE questions too)
- Do maintain flashcards of topics that you tend to forget continuously & read them every day (give 10–15 minutes in the morning for that).
- Last 1 month don’t try to study new topics. Do revise the notes that u have studied and revised at least 4 times (it will be possible to revise 4 times before your final revision if you have strictly followed your pattern and diary.
- Do watch lots of interviews of FMGE TOPPERS, AIIMS PG TOPPERS, NEET PG TOPPERS from You Tube (during free time/ lunch/ dinner time) it will help you in making strategies and to stay motivated.
Join FMGE Coaching Institute Lead by Dr. Deepak Marwah Sir for Sure Success Results. Already Delivered So Many Results
Keep Hammering and You will come out with flying colors